Cranberry Orange Pound Cake
Enjoy this delicious, festive treat this season!
- 1 cup butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup cranberry orange lassi
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2½ + 2 tbsp cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and orange zest together for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- In a separate large bowl, mix and combine dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with the lassi to the butter/sugar/orange zest/egg mixture.
- Toss fresh cranberries 2 tbsp of flour. Fold in cranberries.
- Grease and flour either 2 large bread pans or 3 small bread pans.
- Pour batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 min.
- Let loaves cool and pour glaze over them.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth.